Week 8 Reading and Writing

In the beginning of the semester, I fell really far behind with completing readings and assignments each week and am very upset about this. However, I have gotten back on track with my reading assignments and have found a style of writing that really interests me and makes my own writing much more fun and creative. The style of writing that I have enjoyed the most is short stories, because I like learning about how each story shares its own lesson with the reader, and how some of the stories even can be linked together to form one larger lesson. Since I have found that these are my favorite stories to read and to write, I have been much more confident in my writing skills and much more active in my blog posts and story writing.
Image result for rain storm
My favorite image I have used so far is this storm picture. In the story I wrote during this week, I wrote about an opossum who thought his life was horrible because he was constantly having to look after his house and clean up debris, until one day a massive storm hit, and took his house from him completely. I believe that this picture shows that even when there is a storm, it is more important to keep a positive mindset than to let the storm get to you.
Credit: Rain & Lightning in City
In my own writing, I typically don't look back at my reading notes, because after finishing the readings, I will have an idea of how to create a story that shares some kind of message or lesson in the story. For moving forward in this class, I would like to be able to figure out how to manage my time a little better still, as I still find myself falling behind often or getting side tracked while working on readings. I also still have trouble navigating through the many different tabs that I always have open when doing my class work, but since the semester has started, I have definitely gained confidence in how to manage this better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Student Athlete

Week 5 Story: The Burger, The Fry, and the Milkshake