Time Strategies



While looking over the schedule that you had sent me earlier in the week, I think that while it would work best to do everything in the first three days, I will most likely do it when I have time throughout the week instead of during a fixed time. As I plan to work ahead in this class, I think that I will just have to find time throughout each day to work on that weeks specific assignments. I will be traveling with my team most Fridays throughout the course of the semester so I will need to complete that weeks assignments before leaving so that I can not worry about it, and be more focussed for competitions. For the articles, I read the article titled "The important habit of just starting," by Jory Mackay, along with "How to beat procrastination," by Caroline Webb. My biggest takeaways from both is that procrastination only causes more stress and anxiety, and can even cause a disconnect from ones sense of future. I feel like in this class, it will be necessary for me to complete all the assignments in a timely manor and not put off assignments when I have time to do them. Overall, I am excited to see what this class has in store and can't wait to get started on week 2!

Articles:


Children take off from the starting line during the Kids in Motion event Aug. 27, 2016 at Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph’s Heritage Park. The 359th Medical Group and Human Performance Resource Center hosted the free event in recognition of September’s National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month.
Don't Hesitate! Get started!
credit: Joint Base San Antonio

Comments

  1. Like you, I'm also planning to work ahead in this class and finish the semester early! I mean, I'm doing some extra commenting as of the time of this writing, but I've actually enjoyed learning about other peoples' perspectives too! I'm definitely keen on finishing this class early since I have my senior design Capstone project to worry about too! It's the first week of classes, and I'm already cramming! I hope you're able to get ahead in the class and be successful in both your academic studies and competitions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Student Athlete

Week 5 Story: The Burger, The Fry, and the Milkshake